Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Void

Have you ever looked at it?
The long and endless void?
That's where I am standing now:
naked, wasted, with no God.
It is a cold and lonesome place,
filled with wind and darkness;
one step beyond this cliff
it's where lies The Madness.
The demons who roam around
are not devils from before;
tables have turned, time ago:
it's us humans they adore.
They are Fear, Distrust and Hate
and their sibling Jealousy;
theirs's a magic I don't want,
their powers are not for me.

I've decided to walk the edge
never mind what lies below.
I prefer to trust my feet,
than having to take a bow
to something that doesn't be;
something we're not even sure
if exists outside our minds
or only in our feverish dreams.

But if I believed in one thing
only one thing, small and sweet,
that would help me go my way,
and save, warm and protect me:
it's my Love, for you to keep
and yours for me, just to make it.

Finished on 08-12-1997

No comments: